Thank you for your interest in joining SPE!
You DO NOT have to be a Petroleum Engineering student or professional to be able to join this society. Sign up for SPE International to gain access to thousands of SPE books, articles and journals as well as gaining priority allocation for SPE events on a regular basis, like the Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition.
MORE THAN HALF of all Mechanical and Chemical Engineering Graduates end up working in jobs related to the Oil and Gas Industry! So Joining SPE International and obtaining your identification number is NOT ONLY an excellent feature to include in your resume, but it provides you with great networking opportunities with future employers and companies.
Being a member of both our OrgSync webpage and SPE International are crucial steps if you want to be considered for a committee role as well as applying for an officer position on the SPE Board.
Here are the instructions to sign for SPE TAMUQ on Orgsync:
- Go to https://orgsync.com/23486/chapter
- Click on Sign In with Current Student/Staff button on the top right of the page.
- Log in with your NetID and Password that you use for Howdy & Ecampus.
- Once you have done that, you will be redirected to the Department of Student Affairs homepage.
- You may need to fill out/update your profile information if OrgSync requires you to do so but if not, move to the next step.
- Type ‘Society of Petroleum Engineers’ on the search bar at the top of the page and click on the name of the organization.
- On the Society of Petroleum Engineers homepage, you will be able to see a ‘Join Now’ button appear on the right side of the page. Click on it and type any reason you may have to join the society, before submitting your request.
- You will receive an email and OrgSync notification when one of our officers/administrators views and accepts your request.
For SPE International sign up, please follow these instructions:
- Go to spe.org/join
- Click Join SPE under the Student section
- Confirm the you have met the necessary qualifications and choose the country of your main address.
- Chevron sponsors student memberships so a Free option is available. Choose the Free option under Dues and click Next.
- Click create a new online account then enter your email address and submit.
- Fill out your personal information and proceed.
- Specify your Degree Type, Program Type, and Graduation Date. Under University Name enter Texas A&M University at Qatar, save then proceed.
- Choose the subscriptions you are interested in and proceed.
- Click Join Now under Membership Summary.